CERTIFICATE IN TEACHING ENGLISH TO SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES
This Certificate in TESOL course has been specially designed for people with little or no previous teaching experience. Our Certificate in TESOL program is highly practical and comprehensive to provide candidates with the necessary level of competence or skill they need for to start their teaching careers overseas. Candidates are assessed throughout the course with written assignments and teaching practice, with no final examination.
- Language Acquisition
- TESOL Methods and Techniques
- Receptive Skills - Teaching Listening & Reading
- Productive Skills - Teaching Speaking & Writing
- Phonology and Linguistics
- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Spelling
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Syllabuses Design
- Planning Lessons
- Classroom Management
- Assessment of ESL learners
- Teaching Practice include classroom observation and Teaching practice
Mode of Learning
In-Class or Distance Education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home at your own pace.
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent qualification.
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 6.0).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Successful completion, participants will be awarded with Certificate in TESOL by The Academy for English Language Teachers.