- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching TOEFL Preparation
- Teaching Children English
- Teaching Tourism English
- Teaching Adolescents English
- Teaching Adults English
- Teaching Tutoring English
- Teaching ESL Locally
TEACHING ADOLESCENTS ENGLISH
Teens worldwide are preparing for brighter futures. The key to their success is being able to know and use the English language.
Help make a positive change to the new generation of English language learners around the globe!
Teaching a classroom of teenagers requires the use of a combination of creativity, flexibility, and explicit structure. The dynamics within these classes are quite unique. Teachers will be faced with a group of students who may be shy or outgoing, motivated or lacking enthusiasm. These students are beginning to encounter more responsibility, while sometimes still being treated as children. It is important at this stage for the teacher to create a comfortable atmosphere where students can enjoy the language and make use of their creative abilities in self-expression. Adolescence is a tender age and the teacher will have a powerful impact on how these students view learning English.
Adolescents are becoming an increasingly large part of the teaching field, both in overseas classrooms and locally. Students overseas may want to prepare for post-secondary education, travel to an English-speaking country, or for an increase in their future employment skills. This course will encompass all of these needs and also provide information on how to understand adolescent students and create a classroom that will capture their interest.
- Cultural differences of adolescent students
- Understanding the social and biological factors that affect adolescents
- Creating a motivating and supportive classroom
- New methods and approaches to make use of creativity and self-expression
- Utilizing multiple skills and learning styles
- Conflict resolution and promoting a positive atmosphere in the classroom
- Error correction
- Evaluation tools
Mode of Learning
In-Class or Distance Education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home at your own pace.
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent qualification.
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 6.0).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Successful completion, participants will be awarded with TESOL Specialisation Teaching Adolescents English by Global TESOL College, Canada.