- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching TOEFL Preparation
- Teaching Children English
- Teaching Tourism English
- Teaching Adolescents English
- Teaching Adults English
- Teaching Tutoring English
- Teaching ESL Locally
TEACHING ADULTS ENGLISH
Adults worldwide are studying English. They have unique and individual needs and they need your help!
Learn to teach adults with confidence and creativity.
Adults are voluntary learners with unique needs and individual learning requirements. They demand to learn quickly and effectively. They pay for their lessons and choose to be in the classroom, as opposed to children who have to be there. This course explains the unique aspects of teaching English to adults.
The function of language is to give people the power to communicate thoughts, needs, and feelings, to receive important information, to comprehend instructions, and to ask and answer questions. Adults need to learn how to use English, and how to communicate clearly.
Over the years many methods have been introduced for teaching Adults English, each with proponents claiming to be the authority on what works best. The Communicative Approach is a happy medium because it encompasses all modes and methods of language use! With this approach, all skills are addressed including reading, writing, listening, and speaking, with the primary focus on usage.
- Overview of Adult Education
- Communicative Approach
- Teaching Adults with Success
- Activities and Group Work
- ESP (English for Specific Purposes)
- Student Levels
- Skills, Grammar, and Presentations
- Warm-ups for Adults
- Lesson Planning
- Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
- Admission Criteria
Mode of Learning
In-Class or Distance Education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home at your own pace.
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent qualification.
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 6.0).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Successful completion, participants will be awarded with TESOL Specialisation Teaching Adults English by Global TESOL College, Canada.