- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching TOEFL Preparation
- Teaching Children English
- Teaching Tourism English
- Teaching Adolescents English
- Teaching Adults English
- Teaching Tutoring English
- Teaching ESL Locally
TEACHING CHILDREN ENGLISH
Educating children can be one of your most rewarding overseas experiences. Learn to have fun as you inspire your students to learn through games, activities, and more!
Teaching children will be the most fun you'll ever have in a TESOL classroom, if you are properly prepared.
Children are full of energy and need to be kept busy. Most teaching positions will usually come with textbooks, but most other creative materials/activities will need to be provided by you. This course will teach you how to develop your own ESL classroom activities for children. This is a hands-on course with improving classroom practice as the the goal, rather than a pass or fail objective.
The course is divided into four sections. The first part deals with the theory and practice of teaching children. The second part includes why we should use games in the classroom and explains the different types of games available. The third part is a collection of songs to use in your TESOL classroom, and the final part explains how to use coloring and art as an effective alternate classroom activity.
Studies have shown that all children, regardless of their first language, learn language in more or less the same way. A child's age determines certain points of language acquisition they should already have reached, referred to as language acquisition milestones.
Teaching Children English breaks down the theory behind language acquisition as it applies to teaching English to children, and also defines their verbal and physical milestones. The second part of the course deals with the most important aspect of teaching children: the ability to plan games!
Students learn best when they are having fun, and games are both fun and competitive. More importantly, they are repetitive enough to make any type of drill/rote memorization fun. Also included are units on singing songs and how to use coloring effectively.
Mode of Learning
In-Class or Distance Education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home at your own pace.
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent qualification.
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 6.0).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Successful completion, participants will be awarded with TESOL Specialisation Teaching Children English by Global TESOL College, Canada.