- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching TOEFL Preparation
- Teaching Children English
- Teaching Tourism English
- Teaching Adolescents English
- Teaching Adults English
- Teaching Tutoring English
- Teaching ESL Locally
TEACHING TUTORING ENGLISH
Tutoring English overseas or locally is a great way to earn extra or full-time income.
Tutors working overseas must be aware of cultural differences both during and outside teaching sessions. For example, in many countries, students do not participate in class discussions. As a tutor of ESL, communication is crucial, thus you must be aware of such realities and try to find ways to create an environment that will encourage their participation. The more you take a genuine interest in your students and their world, the better equipped you will be to facilitate their learning process and the more your students will appreciate you as their teacher.
Tutoring is teaching with the added 'bonus' of having the teacher's undivided attention. You as the tutor will take on several roles including that of a 'facilitator', always in search of ways to get students interacting, learning and ultimately acquiring the language.
Students with a specific goal will often hire a tutor to help them attain it. Sessions may range from tutoring one student, a small group of two to five people, or even entire families.
Tutoring English is divided into two sections. The first section deals with assessing and analyzing your students' English abilities and understanding their individual needs.
The second section shows you how to take a lesson plan designed for a classroom and adapt it to a one-on-one situation. Tutoring individual students forces teachers to be creative in order to foster student-talk-time.
Mode of Learning
In-Class or Distance Education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home at your own pace.
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent qualification.
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 6.0).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Successful completion, participants will be awarded with TESOL Specialisation Teaching Tutoring English by Global TESOL College, Canada.